- Terms and Conditions: is defined as the general business terms and conditions of Crypteido as set out below;
- The Company: is defined as Crypteido , A Coreido Group Company (Coreido Limited, a registered company in Hong Kong);
- Source Materials: all Documents, works, files and materials provided by the Client for the purpose of carrying out the Services.
- Services: the Translation services to be provided by the Company to the Client under the Contract as set out in the quotation provided by the Company and accepted by the Client.
- Translated Materials: the Documents, works, files and materials translated and produced by the Company or its agents, subcontractors, consultants and employees from the Original Materials in accordance with the Client’s instructions, in relation to the Services.
- Translation: language translation, proofreading and any other language-based services offered by the Company to the Client.
- Client: the person, firm or company who purchases Services from the Company in accordance with the Terms and Conditions;
- Confidential Information: information in any form which is confidential either to the Client or to the Company and which either party discloses to the other in connection with the Services, including without limitation all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, inventions, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and any other confidential information concerning the business of the other party.
- Contract: the Client’s acceptance of a quotation for Services by the Company. The Contract will be subject to these Conditions.
- Document: includes, without limitation, in addition to any document in writing, any drawing, map, plan, diagram, design, picture or other image, tape, disk or other device or record embodying information in any form.
- Purchase Order: is an official written confirmation generated by the Client, requesting the Company to perform Translation Services and to deliver translated work to the Client;
- Order: is a confirmed request to the Client from the Company to perform for the Client Translation Services in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. An Order shall only be deemed valid when the Company receives a Purchase Order from the Client, in writing;
- Intellectual Property Rights: all patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trademarks, service marks, trade, business and domain names, rights in trade dress or get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database right, topography rights, moral rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world.
- At the request of the Client, a written quotation shall be supplied by the Company, electronically in PDF format and shall remain valid for 10 calendar days from the date of issue;
- Quotations are not legally binding and are deemed to be for informational purposes only. When an Order from the Client is accepted and confirmed in writing by the Company and the Client has supplied a Purchase Order to the Company, in writing, the Order becomes a legally binding contract to provide Translation Services and delivery of Completed Work by the Company to the Client;
- Any requests for amendments to the Source Text, Source Material, details or instructions of the quotation from the Client, after acceptance of the quotation, confirmed in writing, may, at the discretion of the Company, necessitate a revision of the quotation and include an amended price to the Client. Should such amendments be deemed, at the discretion of the Company, to be significant, then the Company shall reserve the right to make void or alter the quotation in accordance with the Terms and Conditions;
- Any information provided in the Company’s brochures, websites or other published material shall be understood as a general description and for informational purposes only and therefore shall have no legal bearing on the Terms and Conditions or any Order;
3. Acceptance of an Order
- An Order from the Client will be deemed accepted and valid by the Company and therefore legally binding, once the Company has received a Purchase Order or equivalent communication from the Client, in writing, and written confirmation of receipt thereof has been given from an authorised representative from the Company to the Client;
- Temporarily, in lieu of a Purchase Order the Company shall reserve the right to refuse to proceed with an Order to provide Translation Services to the Client unless an authorised Order number has been given by the Client, in writing to the Company;
- Once an Order has been agreed and accepted by both parties, any requests for amendments to the Source Text, Source Material, word count, details or instructions of the Order from the Client, may, at the discretion of the Company, necessitate a revision of the Order and an amended price. Should such amendments be deemed, at the discretion of the Company, to be significant, then the Company shall reserve the right to amend or cancel the Order in accordance with the Terms and Conditions;
- Should any amendments to the Order be deemed by the Company to be significant and subsequently shall hinder the fulfilment of the Order to the Client, then the Company shall reserve the right to cancel the Order in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and the Client shall pay the outstanding amount for Translation Services completed up until this point;
- The Company shall not be bound in accordance with the Terms and Conditions to accept amendments from the Client to the Order once the Order has been accepted but may accept to do so on a discretionary basis;
- The Company shall ensure that Translation Services and Completed Work are carried out using reasonable skill and care in accordance with EU translation industry standards;
- The Company shall use all reasonable skill and care in the selection of Translators, Revisers, Reviewers or other human resources used in the performance of its duties and responsibilities to the Client with regards to an Order;
- The Company shall Translate and Revise each Source Text for Clients in accordance with EU translation industry standards;
- The Company shall, using all reasonable care and skill, deliver Completed Work to the Client in the requested file format and appropriate style, fulfilling the requirements of the Order, so far as is reasonably practical;
- The Company shall endeavour, using all reasonable care and skill, to deliver the Completed Work within the agreed time period, in accordance with the Order and shall inform the Client in good time and in writing, if delivery of Completed Work shall be delayed, stating the reason for the delay and giving a revised estimated time of delivery;
- The Company shall not be liable to the Client for any innocent or negligent misrepresentation by virtue of any statement made on behalf of the Company prior to acceptance of the Order and delivery of the Completed Work, whether orally or in writing. The Client shall not cancel the Order on grounds of any such misrepresentation;
- The Company does not warrant the following:
- that the Completed Work will meet the specific requirements of the Client
- that the operation or function of Completed Work delivered to the Client will be uninterrupted or error free
- that the Source Text, Source Material or any communication between the Company and the Client will be free from the risk of interception, even if transmitted in encrypted form;
- The Company shall not be liable for the loss, corruption or interception of the Source Text, Source Material or of the Completed Work during transmission;
- Delivery of Completed Work to the Client shall be, by default, via means of electronic mail or download link;
- The Client shall bear all costs associated with printing and binding of Completed Work;
- The Company shall, using all reasonable care and skill and as far as is practical, ensure that all detailed instructions from the Client are followed for each Order. The Company shall not be liable for any loss incurred to the Client due to details or instructions from the Client in an Order, which are omitted, illegal, unclear, misleading, imprecise, contradictory, or erroneous. The Company shall endeavour to make every practical and reasonable effort to seek clarification from the Client in such cases;
- The Client shall guarantee that any Source Text, Source Material or other communication or material, submitted to the Company, shall not contain anything of an obscene, pornographic, blasphemous, illegal or libellous nature, as deemed by the Company. Furthermore, the Client will not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third parties. In such cases, the Company shall not be liable for any infringement on the part the Client;
- The Client shall be solely responsible to provide the Company with any brochures, literature, website addresses, glossaries, termbases, style guides or any other pertinent reference material which has bearing on fulfilment of an Order. Without such provision from the Client, the Company shall not be liable for errors, omissions or subjective Translation preferences of the Client;
- The Client reserves the right to cancel an Order within the first hour following confirmation of acceptance from the Company without any charge or penalty;
- If the Client or Company shall desire to cancel an Order before completion, the party desiring to cancel the Order, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, shall request cancellation of the Order in writing. The Client shall agree to remunerate the Company according to the following percentage of words Translated from the total word count specified in the Order/Purchase Order:
- 0% – 25% words Translated – 25% of the total Order price shall be payable by the Client;
- 26% to 50% words Translated – 50% of the total Order price shall be payable by the Client;
- 51% to 75% words Translated – 75% of the total Order price shall be payable by the Client;
- 76% to 100% words Translated – 100% of the total Order price shall be payable by the Client;
- For Source Text, which is in PDF or any other uneditable text format, the amount payable for each Order cancellation shall be calculated on the basis of each page or part page Translated. Each part page Translated shall be considered as Translated and therefore shall be treated as a complete Translated page and thus payable in full;
- An authorised representative of the Client shall complete and sign the Company’s Non- Disclosure Agreement contained in Annex 1 of the Terms and Conditions. By signing the Non-Disclosure Agreement in Annex 1 the Client shall accept and agree to abide by both the Terms and Conditions and the Non-Disclosure Agreement contained in Annex 1;
6. Pricing and payment
- The Company charges and receives payment in any of the following currencies: € EUR or $ USD, and in the following cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, ERC20 Token. Exchange rates and currency conversions shall be determined by the website of XE.COM INC., located at www.xe.com and are set at the specific day of the Order. An exchange rate or currency conversion shall not be negotiable retrospectively.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT or equivalent sales tax in other jurisdictions.
- All Orders are subject to a minimum charge of 0.01 BTC or equivalent in € EUR or $ USD. The Company quotes and charges on a per word basis unless otherwise agreed by both parties in writing on an individual Order basis.
- Payment for Completed Work shall be made to the Company within 5 calendar days from the date of invoice. Payment of an invoice is accepted by means of Paypal, direct bank transfer or deposit on blockchain wallet. Payment shall be in the currency stipulated in the Purchase Order for the Completed Work.
- Additional services, such as typesetting of documents and/or desktop publishing, Source Text conversion, localisation, amongst other things, shall be chargeable in addition to Translation Services to the Client and shall be agreed upon by both parties before acceptance of the Order. This list of additional services is non-exhaustive;
7. Dispute resolution
- The Client shall submit, in writing (by email) to the Company, any questions, queries, requested amendments or complaints pertaining to Completed Work, within fifteen calendar days of the Client’s receipt thereof. After this time period of thirty calendar days any questions, queries, requested amendments or complaints may be treated as invalid and thus may be rejected, at the discretion of the Company;
- The Company shall not be liable to amend Completed Work, if the fifteen-day calendar period has passed. In such cases, additional amendments to Completed Work, requested in writing by the Client, shall be on a chargeable basis and at the discretion of the Company;
- The Company shall amend Completed Work due to any proven errors and/or omissions in the Completed Work, within the fifteen-day calendar period, only provided that a full report is submitted in writing by the Client to the Company within the prescribed period, stating and detailing each alleged error and/or omission within the Completed Work and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions;
- The Client shall allow the Company reasonable and sufficient time to examine the full report and return to the Client, in writing, a detailed response to each alleged error and/or omission. Should the Client accept the responses from the Company, the Client shall allow the Company reasonable and sufficient time to correct agreed errors and omissions and return the revised Completed Work to the Client;
- The Company shall not be liable to amend any Completed Work for any alleged errors which are subjective or preferential words or terms;
- The Company shall not be liable for errors, omissions or illegible text in the Client’s Source Text, Source Material or any other communication from the Client;
- If the Company does not receive any written notification within the fifteen calendar day prescribed period, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, then the Company shall conclude that the Client has approved and accepted the Completed Work and the Company shall not be liable to amend the Completed Work;
- If the Client does not agree with a response to any alleged errors and/or omissions detailed by the Company in its written response, then the Company shall, at its sole discretion, employ the Revision services of an independent third party Translator who has experience and/or formal qualifications in the subject matter of the disputed Order and is a native speaker of the Target Language to assess the Company’s proposed amendments;
- The neutral third party Translator shall be appointed as an expert, in an advisory capacity only and not as an arbiter. The decision of the neutral third party Translator shall not be final and binding;
- If the neutral third party Translator shall consider any alleged errors in the Completed Work to be valid, then the Company shall endeavour to rectify Completed Work in a professional, fair and timely manner and shall do what is deemed reasonable and practical to resolve the matter;
- The total cost of the neutral third party Translator shall be borne equally by the Company and the Client;
- The Company and the Client shall consider objectively and professionally the decisions and recommendations of the neutral third party Translator and when agreement has been reached between the Company and the Client, the Client shall allow the Company to make the requisite changes to the Completed Work;
Any dispute or formal submission of a complaint concerning Completed Work from the Client, within the prescribed time period, does not relieve the Client from their payment obligation for each disputed Order and any additional late payment interest accrued;